Pages - Menu

Monday, July 30, 2012

6th and 4th grade - Day 1

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon for a minute - The girls started school TODAY!?!?!?! - July 30th - It just seems so weird sending them to school in July! The 8 weeks of summer passed by so fast! When I was a kid [a long, long time ago], we didn't start back to school until sometime in August - like the 15th or so...

[jumping off the wagon]
I'm actually okay with them starting school today - it's just so hot outside! They don't even want to swim because of the heat right now. I'm not sure what the rules were when I was in school (during the dark ages as far as the girls are concerned), but they have 180 days of school these days. These 180 days are scheduled around numerous week long breaks which allow us to enjoy the cooler fall, winter and spring weather and several holidays with the family. That beings said, I like it!

Jon left the girls a little treat this morning:


The coolest school bus picked Gracie and Caroline up this morning - I love Instagram today! 

The girls with cousin Andy before getting in the Monte Carlo

Grandad with the kids and Andy driving them in their Daddy's car
You have to admit this picture looks way cooler with that aged effect 
I'm looking forward to a great year!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment