Pages - Menu

Thursday, July 26, 2012

It won't be like this for long

Today, I took Gracie to her first day of middle school! As we were riding to the school, I was thinking of how fast we've gotten to this point- wasn't she just born? Didn't we just finish kindergarten? Ugh! Then, the song by Darius Rucker called"It won't be like this for long" came on the radio and my eyes started tearing up. I stopped it before I became a sappy mess since I had to actually go into the school and help the PTO, but it hurt my heart...she's so big!

I stood way off to the side as the principal handed out schedules and the kids talked with each other. It was difficult refraining from going over to check Gracie's schedule out and making sure she knew where to go and when. I did feel the urge but I also felt the need to let her be. I think I would have gotten at least an eye roll if I had attempted to approach the area.

The day went great and I think middle school is going to be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment