Pages - Menu

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Prayer Challenge

During the past few months/weeks several people I know either directly or indirectly have been faced with suffering of some sort. The ones closer to home have been on my mind so much. I've cried some tears at times that didn't help anyone; I've said a few words here and there that may have helped a little; but today I woke up thinking about scriptures regarding suffering and realized that the best and most productive thing I can do is pray for each of these souls. [Not that I haven't been praying already - just that turning it over to God is all I can do really.] Sickness, cancer, brokenheartedness - God can heal all of these things.

I'm entering into what I will call a "Prayer Challenge" today. Each time I see someone who I know is suffering in some way, I will say a prayer for them. Each time I start to get upset about something not going my way, I will say a prayer for someone else who is sick/brokenhearted/burdened by something beyond his or her control.

I have been in one of these trials before. It was tragic and sad and heartbreaking. I remember feeling like the world stopped for quite a while. I went through the motions of life on a daily basis, but none of it mattered. It left a part of me broken. It put life in perspective. It made me rely wholly and completely on YHWH - my biggest life lesson yet. He healed the big gaping wound in my heart, but I had to let him. It required effort on my part.

YHWH has promised to heal all of our troubles and ailments if we seek Him.
 (2 Chronicles 7:14 NKJV) "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
I have witnessed YHWH's healing. It would be such a blessing to see more of it.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment