Pages - Menu

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring Break 2012

Do you ever think back to when you were a child and you went on a family vacation and realize that your parents were exhausted just from packing to get you there?

Three kids later, I get it!

We have been on 4 trips since Anna Kate was born. Not elaborate vacations, but they sure did seem elaborate to me since I was packing "everything but the kitchen sink" to go out of town for a few days. We were discussing this on our way home from our Spring break trip. Anna Kate has visited North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Kentucky ( no biggie, but it counts) in her 9 months of life. Whew! That's a lot of packing!

This year for spring break we visited the cabin. Several of the kids' friends met us up there and they had the "best Spring Break EVERRRRRR" from what I understand.



Before we let them loose with all the crazies, we took them to see Biltmore Estates. This was my first visit and it was unbelievable to say the least. If you haven't visited, let me know and we can go back sometime. I recently read a book called Maid to Match - is that proper punctuation for book titles? I have no idea... Anyway, the book was great and it led me to want to visit the Biltmore since it was based on the estate.



The rest of the trip was a blur of kids, stinky basement playrooms, The Chop House, a short (but steep) walk for exercise, an acrobatic baby sleeping in my bed with a runny nose, and good friends to share it all with.



We came home with some great memories and tired kids. Let's do it again in 10 years or so...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment