Pages - Menu

Friday, October 26, 2012

Broken Bones and Disappointments

Although it isn't a really happy memory, it has to be recorded that Caroline was the first to break a bone in our family! She fell at a friend's house and broke the top part of her humorous completely off right at the growth plate!


She was a trooper through the entire experience including two days in the hospital, two attempts to manipulate it back into place, and finally two pins inserted in her arm. 

She specifically asked that I not post any pictures of her on my Facebook account through the process, but I do have a few that I would like to share here on our blog:

All smiles before surgery

All smiles after surgery - mostly because they gave her food!

Caroline's friend copied down an extra set of church notes for her since she was in the hospital - too sweet!

friends signed her sling
So, the good news/bad news is that when you break your shoulder you don't get a cast. It was a disappointment for Caroline that she wouldn't get a cast, but we let everyone sign her sling and it seemed to satisfy her.

Two weeks after surgery, I took Caroline back to the doctor so they could change the dressing on her arm. I was so worried that she was going to get sick from looking at the pins sticking out of her arm! I kept warning her and telling her to look away, but in the end, I was the one who ended up needing medical attention! I almost passed out! I won't share the picture of the pins here since it's just a little gross!!!

We have a few more weeks until the pins are removed and it looks like she will have made a full recovery! Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers through this! 


No comments:

Post a Comment