Pages - Menu

Thursday, October 25, 2012

For the love of Animals

I thought I was doing so much better at keeping my blog up to date. I was at least posting something every week or so until it happened. Exactly what "it" is, I really don't know, but whew! "It" has been an interesting few months. To catch up, I'll start way back in September....

Labor Day - I opted out of an all girls trip with some of my closest friends on Labor Day because I needed to spend some time with my family. Anna Kate started watching Finding Nemo around September, so what better time to take her to The Tennessee Aquarium? We made a day trip out of it and it was great!
playing in the mini river before going inside. 

posing for a pic with the big girls



The most entertaining part of the TN Aquarium when you've been there a few times...

Gracie loves the butterfly exhibit

SHARKS!


As I mentioned earlier, Finding Nemo was the first movie Anna Kate really sat down and watched with us! She would just curl up in our lap and watch the movie for a good 30 mins or so! This is major if you know this kid! She doesn't stop for much. We have since found that she loves the movie Madagascar Escape to Africa, The Lion King, and the mice on Cinderella (It 's the sweetest little belly laugh you've ever heard when she watches the mice). Does anyone see a pattern here? She absolutely loves animals! Which is why we decided to buy a zoo membership this year.

We took her to the zoo a few weeks after the trip to the aquarium. She was so excited to see the elephants and giraffes! Gracie and Caroline were good tour guides for her. They scoped out the exhibits and let us know where the best views would be.



Southern Belle Gracie

Southern Belle Caroline

This is the reaction you get when you ask Anna Kate where something is...

She spotted the elephants! 

We took the kids back to the zoo again a few weeks ago. I didn't take as many pictures, but we visited the Lorikeet exhibit and they really loved Jon! Anna Kate just watched them as the landed all over his shirt and tried to eat his buttons...

She was not scared of them at all!



No comments:

Post a Comment