Pages - Menu

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Peach-BBQ chicken LOVE!

I have taken a great recipe from Pioneer Woman and simplified it because I can't remember to buy certain items at the store. I'm sure her version is better than mine, but I just don't buy whiskey and I can't remember to buy it to try with this recipe. If you decide to try Pioneer Woman's version, please tell me about it!

I love to record our favorite recipes on the blog - hopefully this will make cooking easier on the girls one day! This particular one has become a family favorite very quickly. The best part - it's easy!

You will need:

chicken thighs (I usually get one pack of about 6-7, but I 'm going to start getting two packs from now on)
1 bottle of original BBQ sauce
1 jar peach preserves
onions - chopped or sliced
garlic salt

First brown the thighs (both sides) in a little oil. I usually cover them in garlic salt and throw in the onions at this point too. It takes about 5-6 mins per side.

Next, because the crock pot is our best friend, I pour the whole pan of chicken with all the yummy juices into the crock pot, cover it in the BBQ sauce and the whole jar of peach preserves! Let that cook for no longer than 4-6 hours and enjoy!

I serve this yummy goodness with mashed potatoes.

You can cook it in the oven if you prefer (it is faster, but I only have certain windows of opportunity for cooking these days and the crock pot works best for me.)






No comments:

Post a Comment