Pages - Menu

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful

I have been reading my friends' thankful posts on Facebook for a couple weeks now. I started to join the fun, but I know myself and my current circumstances would simply not allow me to be successful... I am extremely thankful this year though! I'm a list person so here goes:

This year I am thankful for:

1. God - continuous mercy, healing, grace, and salvation! Provider of all of my needs (see list below). AMAZING to know Him and to know His true Hebrew name, YHWH YHWSH. 
2. Josh - I will be thankful for Josh and the time we had together for all of my life. Great husband, great example, great father. 
3. Jon - my sweet husband. I'm so thankful that God allowed me to find a second wonderful husband! He's a great dad too! 
4. Gracie - daughter 1. She's an "old soul" - easy to talk to, fun to be around, entering the teenage years OH MY! Loves basketball. Smart and Silly. 
5. Caroline - daughter 2. I think she may always be a kid at heart. Loves art and crafty things. Great babysitter to Anna Kate. Funny and Kind. 
6. Anna Kate - daughter 3. Whew! Sweet baby girl. Loves animals, movies, and food. Wears shoes ALL the time (possibly changing them 3-4 times per day). Makes me smile and laugh daily. Sassy and Sweet. 
7. Family - lots of you fit here! I'm thankful for each one and the ties that bind us together.

8. Home - Not necessarily the actual 4 walls that surround me (although that's important), but the happiness and peace that is found within.  
9. My job - "stay at home mom"- so much falls in this category - time to focus on being a wife and mom, opportunity to cook and clean for my family, a chance to help others by volunteering to work, etc.  
10. Health - This has been a big part of my prayer list this year. I'm so thankful to be healthy and have a healthy husband and kids.  
11. Dayspring Academy - an above average safe learning environment for my children. Teachers who care about them and their well-being. A parent group who cares as well. 
12. Friends - people I can enjoy being with, count on in my time of need, help in their time of need, have honest relationships with.

I'm sure as soon as I click "publish" there will be so many more things that pop in my mind to add to this list - maybe I'll start another one...

I want to be clear about something though - I have not earned all the wonderful blessings I have been given.  YHWH has blessed me beyond measure with these things. I don't want to ever take them for granted. I am thankful to HIM for these wonderful blessings in my life. I'm so humbled when I think of how good God has been to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment