Pages - Menu

Saturday, April 7, 2012

God's Plans

Today marks 6 years since we lost Josh in the tornado in Gallatin. As I think back to that day, I remember that it was one day after we celebrated our daughters' birthdays-Gracie's 5th and Caroline's 3rd.  Caroline's actual birthday is April 8th. In the moment, when I thought about the timing, it made me so sad! Now that some time has passed, I can see how God's plans are so perfect - I have been busied today with party preparation and even though I have thought of Josh several times and shed a tear to two, it has given us something to do so we don't feel the hurt quite as badly today.

Caroline is like her Dad in so many ways. She loves to entertain us like he did - especially her Grangran and Grandad.  Most Sunday's we eat lunch with them and she and Gracie end up spending the rest of the day with them. There's always a story or two about the afternoon when we pick them up. I think it tickles them how she acts like her Daddy. I count this as another blessing from our great God.

We are so thankful for the friends and family who have not forgotten Josh! There are always so many who find a nice way to let us know they remember, and it means so much to all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment