Pages - Menu

Thursday, April 12, 2012

When all else Fails, Go Shopping

We are on day 3 (or 6) of what might be the longest tooth cutting experience I have ever been through with a child. The first few days (the "or 6" referenced above) of it were fine during the daylight hours, but Anna Kate woke up about 3 times per night. The night time wakefulness often causes me to become a little grouchy.

By day 4 I had officially decided there would be a new tooth within another day or so. That's what I get for making decisions about things I have no control over though...

For the past couple of days, I have had a baby either in my arms, in my bed, or on my leg crying and pulling on me to pick her up. Any mom knows that by day 2 (or 5) of this type of situation, a break is mandatory. I start feeling a little crazy and edgy and who knows what I might say or do at that point....

So today, I did the only thing left (besides praying for that tooth to cut through the gum so I can stop thinking of ways to do it myself) I went shopping!

Nashville did just have the grand opening of  Opry Mills, right? So, I went and it was a great break from the insanity I was feeling. I picked up a few things that we needed, but the best part was that I wasn't holding a baby and there wasn't a baby at my leg crying for me to pick her up because she was riding in a carseat or stroller for the better part of our trip. It was therapeutic. I feel better. Anna Kate seemed to enjoy the change of scenery too. She watched the carousel while I ate lunch, and she picked out clothes everywhere we went. (She doesn't have bad taste, but she can't reach the things that are higher than her stroller. That limits her options ;)

I was able to take better care of all of my children tonight thanks to that 2 hour break I gave myself today!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment