Pages - Menu

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Post Race Update

I just wanted to take a moment to recognize my post race team. Gracie and Caroline opened up their salon last night to pamper me back to perfect health - sorry for the blurry pictures!

I received the royal treatment as they showed me into the "salon" (Caroline's room). I rested on the most comfortable massage table ever - (the trundle bed) - as Caroline massaged my feet and legs. We had to have a quick discussion about my toenails and how they were quite sore - also the tops of my feet. Gracie let me know right away that she would be Caroline's assistant. There was some quick discussion about the lotion and something about towels being warmed by a light bulb in a lamp that I soon learned would be wrapped around my legs - "like they do at the Nail place".


As the girls finished massaging my legs, they quickly asked if I would be interested in a hand massage for only $2, and I accepted the offer. (You don't think they work for free, do you? The foot massage cost $3) I complimented the girls on the services I received, and Gracie quickly gave all of the credit to Caroline!


The next few minutes consisted of a conversation between them that I will recount for you here - 

Gracie - "Caroline, you should work at a nail place when you grow up."
Caroline - "Maybe..."
Gracie - "Maybe you could work at the Nail place in town."
Caroline - "I am not a Mexican." 
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  This totally cracked me up! The nail place in town is one of those little shops where they don't speak much English, but I'm pretty sure they don't speak Spanish there either! LOL!

I love my girls!
Photobucket