Pages - Menu

Sunday, February 19, 2012

7 Miles and a Cupcake (or two)

As you all know I have been slacking on my training a tad lately. Against my will, I took myself to the gym on Wednesday and joined. It took me an additional three days to finally get there though. I had a few obstacles in my way last week including these sweeties:


Never, EVER, in my life have I eaten an entire cupcake of this magnitude up until last week. Remember, it was Valentine's day on Tuesday? Well, Jon brought home a box of these cupcakes for me and the girls. I usually eat half of one and don't care to have another one for a good 2 months, but not this time...I ate 2 and a half of these babies within three days. I think the fact that I joined the gym made me do it...I just kept thinking about how I would be running all week this week and told myself it was okay. It's not really my style to eat sweets at 10AM, but this week it happened...

Sooooooo, Saturday when Jen called to ask if I was ready to run, I said sure! My body was screaming "NOOOOOOOOO!" I chose not to listen to it and then did what all smart people do - drank a 5 Hour Energy and hit the "dread"mill. About 30 minutes in, my hands were shaking and my heart was pounding, but I finished the 7 miles and wasn't even sore this morning. Have you ever tasted a 5 HR energy? Gracie and Caroline were laughing at me when I drank it because it made my mouth pucker with it's sour taste! 

I'm looking forward to my energy returning to normal this week with my running routine back on track. 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment