Pages - Menu

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I'm not a Quitter

I have allowed myself a small break in my running schedule - I didn't quit completely. What I would like to say here is that I took a couple weeks and *rested* but that is not part of my vocabulary. Instead of seeking rest these days, I find myself praying that I won't be too tired to accomplish all that is on my list for the day.  I have continued to walk at least twice a week for around 1 - 1 1/2 hrs at a time. This only happens because Gracie has basketball practice and the school has a walking track and my friends Sandy and Heather are there walking with me most days.

I have to find some way to fit my running into my life though because I'm not a quitter!!!!!!! It looks like my only defense is joining the gym at this point. My theory is that they are open 24 hours per day, so no matter how crazy my days get, I can't use the excuses that it's too cold or dark outside.

I owned a treadmill up until a couple months ago when we realized that we had too much stuff in our house and needed to sell some things. It was one of the first items to go. I would like to say that if it were still here, I would be using it, but the sad truth is that I wouldn't...

So, dear accountability partners, I will go and join the gym - not because it's what I want to do, but because it's the right thing to do and I'm going to look back after the half marathon and know it was worth it to accomplish this goal. If anyone wants to run at either 9 o'clock at night or 5 o'clock in the morning, let me know...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment