Pages - Menu

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Gracie (Rosie) the Riveter

Gracie went to school today dressed up as Rosie the Riveter from the World War 2  Era. I'm not a fan of red lips, but I have to say she wears it well!


She had a 2 page (typed) report due today which she fretted and worried about for a week because "2 pages typed is just too much and it will take forever" which turned out to be a couple hours in reality. We worked for several hours on Saturday researching and typing, and after it was finished she said, "well, that was easy. I think I could have done 3 pages!" She really could have filled three pages with all the information that we found.

Creativity was one of the requirements for visual aids, so we came up with the idea to dress her up. She also had Jon's Papa Duane's dog tags, a pin from his uniform, and a couple of buttons from it. From what I understand he was in some way associated with "The Battle of the Bulge". He has some stories to tell about that, no doubt!

Another cool thing we did was borrow my Pawpaw Dugan's army coat. Gracie wore it today as well! He wasn't in WW2, but I think he was in the service around the time of the Korean war. The coat is really cool! I mean I would wear it with some cute jeans if I didn't think it would get messed up.


Totally beside the point, but notable today - Anna Kate slept ALL NIGHT!!! Praise God! It was a wonderful full night's sleep!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment