Pages - Menu

Monday, January 30, 2012

Anna Kate - 8 months

Where does the time go?!?!?! Anna Kate is 8 months old now - weighing in at 19.8 pounds, she is quite a handful. It's funny how it seems like time flies, but in the same instance I can barely remember life without her around. Her personality is showing through so much now - sweet and loving yet quite opinionated.

I'm excited to tell you that She started crawling a couple weeks ago. Here's a video I made of her - crawling is just so cute!






You all know what comes with crawling, right? PULLING UP of course! Two days after she officially started crawling (she's been going backwards for a good 2 months now) I looked over at her playing by her toys and she was standing up holding on to the side of the basket! This led me to try to see if she would walk while holding my hands which has become her new favorite thing to do - we spent the last 10 minutes of Gracie's basketball game last Saturday "walking" because it was the only thing that made her stop crying...

Here she is enjoying her first Oreo cookie - we had to take it away and distract quickly - she is definitely a fan! 

Some other things Anna Kate is doing now include giving kisses to everyone and everything (stuffed animals, etc) and playing peek-a-boo with us. The peek-a-boo is so funny! Of course we've been playing it with her for several weeks now - Jon holds his hands up in front of her and says "Where's punkin'?" and she grabs his hands and pulls them down; I put the blanket over her head and she pulls it off, etc... Now Anna Kate has her own version of the game and she plays it at various times - including the middle of the night when she wakes up... Here's how it goes: She usually wakes up at least once per night - I know I should be working toward stopping this, but I'm not actually worried about it - When I go to pick her up from her bed, she pulls the blanket up over her head and "hides" until I get close. Then, she quickly pulls the blanket down and smiles at me, but just as quickly covers her head back up with the blanket! It just doesn't get much sweeter than that - even at 2 o'clock in the morning!

I wanted to tell you about a recent "scare" we had at her 6 month checkup. The doctor was concerned about her head circumference. He said it had grown too quickly and wanted to re-measure it 6 weeks later - which was a couple weeks ago. The possible concern was that the fluid wasn't draining off of her brain as it should which could have made her head grow too quickly. Jon and I talked about it and decided to have Anna Kate prayed for at church. I don't know if your church does things like this or not, but if someone is sick, has tests coming up, or needs God's healing touch in some other way, we have a special prayer for them (if requested) at our church. My prayer was that when we took Anna Kate back for the re-measure for it all to be just perfect and for her not to need any further testing. [If you have ever had to watch your child go through testing at a hospital or doctor's office you will understand this - when Caroline had heart surgery, it was soooooo hard for me to watch her getting poked and prodded by the doctors and nurses.] I was able to pray that prayer for Anna Kate and God took the concern from me nearly immediately! I had a few moments over that 6 week waiting period when I would play out the possibilities in my mind, but for the most part I didn't even think about it. When we went back to the doctor, Anna Kate's head measured perfectly - the doctor was no longer concerned and required no further testing! I am so very thankful that God was mindful of me and my prayer - I wanted to share this with you all because I feel so small and unworthy of the great things that he has done for me in my life!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment