Pages - Menu

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Accountability is Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

Does everyone remember that blog post I did recently about accountability? Well, let me just say that accountability STINKS!!!!!

I am sick. It started a couple of days ago with a sniffle and now I have a full blown cold - can't breathe, can't sleep, and as of around 8 o'clock this morning I was thinking
"can't run"! Then, that blog post came to mind and I thought about how you were all going to be my accountability partners and decided to take some Dayquil which made me very lightheaded. This is when the second thoughts of backing out came to mind because I can't run when I'm lightheaded, right? WRONG! Wrong because I have to run the Zoo Run Run today with Jen and Jen and you are expecting an update about it tonight.

So, I DID IT! (Against all better judgement and everything my mother taught me about resting when you're sick.) The girls had their faces painted to look like zebras, but since my face felt like it was going to explode with all the sinus pressure I opted out of adding cracking paint to my list of ailments...

Here they are looking cute as can be! (I didn't want to ruin their picture since I didn't participate in the cuteness.)



I told them not to take my picture, but as we were leaving the race, I thought I better have some record of being there, so here I am in all my sickness...(I did wear a cheetah hat and gloves since it was cold, folks!)


As I was driving to meet the girls today, I remembered a story that Josh would tell a lot and this is where the "Stupid" part comes in to my story. First I want to say that stupid is not a word that we use in our home and we never have, but this story was so funny to Josh and his dad that we have used the phrase in appropriate situations since it happened.

One day, Josh, his dad, and another guy were working outside. I don't remember exactly what they said they were doing, but they were working hard. An elderly lady walked down the street toward them and said "Stupid, stupid, stupid." Apparently it was loud enough for them to hear because they looked toward her and she looked right at each of them and said it again "Stupid, stupid, stupid." Then, she turned around and walked away. 

It was so funny to them that they have said it since then (as I said earlier) in appropriate situations. Somehow when I think of what I did today, I just know they would say it to me :)

I finished today in 35 minutes. This was the third 5k that have participated in. I am proud to say that I ran more than I walked, and finished MUCH faster than I expected!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment