Pages - Menu

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Making plans and Taking Names


My participation in the recent 5k spawned a 4 month plan to train for the Music City Marathon coming up in April. I officially have a 5k on my calendar for January thru March followed by the 1/2 marathon in April. If you're interested you can sign up here. This is my second attempt at participating in this race. The first time I trained with my BFF, Jen, for several weeks but ended up with a slight knee injury that kept me from finishing.


I'm just going to put this schedule out there for the accountability factor - maybe I'll even come back and post my finish times later!?!?!

January 21 - Nashville Zoo Run
February 18 - ReLove Haiti 5k
March 10 - Gupton Jeep Tom King Classic
April 28 - Music City 1/2 Marathon

Here's the taking names part - I am looking for support, so who wants to do these races with me? So far, I have Jen H, Jen S, and Heather for part or all of the list above. If the Frostbite 5k that I just finished is any indication, it will be FUN! You will get a t-shirt and a goodie bag - this should make it worth it, right? AND the entertainment factor will be high! I laughed for at least 1/3 of the Frostbite with those ladies.

You can find a training schedule for the 1/2 here. My training starts today!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment