Pages - Menu

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Brush your teeth!!!

If I'e said this once I've said it 10,000 times! Why, oh why can't kids understand that they need to brush their teeth and they need to do a good job?!?!

I just finished flossing and brushing my 10 year old's teeth. She has already gotten a LOT of her adult teeth and I am trying to make sure she keeps them at least until I don't have to pay for the replacements - I mean I should be old and wrinkled and gray headed [if I'm even living] by the time she needs replacement teeth, right?


I am totally embarrassed at how her teeth look 90% of the time, and I have heard several friends state the same about their kids. This is why I don't mind telling you that her teeth looked bad  - and I mean bad - tonight!

While we're talking about it, I thought I would also share that I had to make a special trip to the Dollar Store tonight to buy a new toothbrush for Caroline. Why? Oh, just because she spent the night at her friend's house on Friday night and apparently left her toothbrush there and I found out yesterday that she didn't have one. YESTERDAY! That was Monday just in case you're wondering. THREE days later!?!?! Now I'm sure you're wondering why I didn't run out to the store immediately and get her a toothbrush, but it was sooooo cold here yesterday. What I really didn't want to do was bundle the baby up to go get a toothbrush, so I just had her use the old standby sleepover trick from my childhood - use a washcloth! I know it wasn't effective enough, but hey what was one more day?

I kind of hope our dentist isn't reading this right now, but if you are Dr. Wendy, I'm trying! Really, I am. I just wonder at what age we can trust that they are responsible in the dental hygiene area...

I'm going to brush my teeth now.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. OMG - we have the same fight here ALL the time. Having raised 2 others into adulthood, I have to break it to you that you will keep having this fight with them even when they are teens - at least until they start dating!!!

    ReplyDelete