Pages - Menu

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sleep Deprived

Anna Kate and I had a pretty rough day today. It started at 4 o'clock this morning when she woke up. This is fairly normal for her - she usually just drinks a bottle and goes right back to sleep. This morning she drank her bottle, I laid her down in her crib, and she started babbling and fussing a bit. Then the fussing turned into crying that didn't stop until I went to get her. The good part [or bad] is that she went back to sleep at 5 AM. The rest of the day was a repeat of the above...it was kinda bad y'all! The culprit was discovered this evening after my workout (see below for gruesome details of that) - She cut her first tooth!!!

Now, being a mom of 3 has its good points, right? Things like when I am old and can't take care of myself, I have three shots at having a compassionate daughter for a nurse (Caroline is the front runner right now). But this is not what I want to talk about...


This morning I experienced one of the bad parts. Remember, Anna Kate went back to sleep at 5? Well, I had planned to go running this morning at 5, and being awake for an hour before that just ruined it for me! I didn't go. I also didn't go back to sleep - this is where the sleep deprivation comes in. All I could think about was getting the other two kids out of bed and dressed for school...I'm pretty sure they were tardy today, but hey, they made it to school, right?

Don't worry! (I know you are worrying about my workouts daily. Thanks for that.) I still got my workout in - it wasn't a run, I think it was worse! I just finished my third day of P90x....today's challenge - shoulders and arms AND AB Ripper. Doesn't that sound fun?!?! There is a reason it's called AB Ripper by the way...Our first day of P90x was called Core Synergistics - in other words "your abs are going to hurt for days", and now, today, we are doing AB Ripper? I currently can't cough or sneeze without feeling like a knife is stabbing through my stomach. Jen reminded me tonight that in 90 days we WILL see results and it will all be worth it to have abdominal muscles instead of abdominal mush...Is it okay that I had a Sonic Oreo Blast tonight?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment