Pages - Menu

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Remodeling and other things to complain about

We are in the process of adding a bathroom to our home. First we added a baby, and now this! Honestly, it seemed like the baby was cheaper than this bathroom. I am leaving out the part where we took our once disastrous dining room-office and turned it into this:


This could be part of the reason it seems like so much upheaval.
I am very happy with the way it turned out though. Jon and I both have plenty of room for our desks and all of his computers. If you don't know Jon, he's a computer geek...they never get enough electronics from what I can tell.

Back to the bathroom situation - We have three girls and we live in a three bedroom home with two bathrooms. This sounds like enough room since kids share rooms all the time. The problem is that our second bathroom is tiny! Anyone who has ever had girls before knows what kind of challenge this can cause in the teenage years, so we're trying to get ahead of the game here by putting in a third bathroom. It's going in the bonus room, so we have been cleaning out all sorts of toys, craft supplies, etc. I feel like I have moved out of and back in to the same house over the past month or so. They started working on it Saturday, and we think it will be finished in a few weeks! The only bad part I can see is that I will have another bathroom to clean! 

Today my legs feel like someone drove over them with a truck! I want to add that even though I have been walking daily - not running - I have also been pushing a 17lb baby in a jogging stroller. This is harder than it sounds when going uphill...I would like to be able to say that I am enjoying the feeling that I can't move when I wake up in the mornings, but I just don't y'all! I have seen [or imagined] that my fat is tighter somehow already - maybe this is because my muscles feel like concrete. Anyway, I'm not giving up. It's been great to spend some time with friends while walking, and the weather has been awesome! I even got to walk on our town's greenway yesterday. 

While I'm throwing all the frustrations I have out there, I should mention that *pushing* a 17lb baby is much easier than carrying one around for the entire day. Anna Kate has decided that the best place for her is in my arms. This sounds so good to you, I know, but there are moments when I feel like I can't do anything and I have TONS to do! She is such a sweet baby, and I know this is just a stage. I have tried so hard to enjoy every minute with her because I *think* she will be the last baby for me. There are very few people who can take her out of my arms without her screaming right now. She is starting to wave bye-bye and when we ask her to touch our nose or hair she can do it - it's pretty funny to her too. Her favorite song is the "ravioli" song. She rocks side to side when we sing it to her. I know that link is for a boy scout website [it was the first one I found] and that kind of makes sense to me now since her daddy was the first one to sing it to her...he was a scout. 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment