Pages - Menu

Monday, February 13, 2012

Proud Mom Alert!

For those of you who don't know, Gracie is playing on her school's basketball team this year. Most 5th grade girls would be playing on a middle school team at this age, but Gracie has been given the task of going up against high school girls. These girls are H.U.G.E.! I mean Gracie is tall for her age, but when I look at her beside one of the opposing team members I am usually cringing thinking about how easily they could hurt her in a tumble...I'm not telling you this to scare you and make you think "Oh, Poor Gracie". I'm telling you because you just wouldn't believe the way she plays against them! She is small but mighty folks! She stole the ball from them tonight and took off down the court!

Here's a picture of Gracie (#54) with her team:


Tonight she played point guard for a while - I know it was one of the highlights of her night! The second highlight we will get to in a second... Just in case you're wondering, the point guard is the one who dribbles the ball down the court after it's been thrown in. This player is a major communicator for the team - telling them what play to do next usually. (I'm pretty proud of myself for knowing that - learned it this year.)

Here's a picture of her dribbling down the court:

 The second highlight tonight was when Gracie made a basket!!!! I found out later that it was a "buzzer basket" - is this a real basketball term? I'm not sure, but it makes sense so I'll go with it... This fact added lots of dramatic effect to her story as she retold the event as if we weren't watching or something. My eyes started leaking a little as I watched tonight - I'm a softie! Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the shot, but I don't think I'll forget it.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment